So, January the first, first day of the new year; should be a fresh start right? Well, it started on a bad note, and for the majority of the day, it really wasn't so good. But once evening hit, the day began turning itself. That night's activities consisted of walking around in the twenty one degree weather looking at the moon, sitting and goofing around, and snuggling under my covers: all with my sweet, sweet boyfriend Mark. Oh, and he brought me some flowers! I thought that was very nice.
Yesterday, the second, had been quite an adventure. It all began like a normal day: waking up, sticking my foot out the door to see how warm/cold it is, taking a shower, etcetera etcetera etcetera. But it all of the goodness began when I ate three pancakes. First of all, I rarely ever eat a filling breakfast, and usually what I eat is just something fast. But yesterday, it was three chocolate chip pancakes and they were just how I like them (white, not golden or brown)! This had to be a good day. Anyways, I waited for Emily's light blue Jeep Cherokee to roll up to my house, and when she got here, we hopped into dear ole Cynthia, popped in Matt and Kim's self entitled album (which we ended up playing at least seven times as the day went on), and we were off! Our first stop was to go ice skating. It killed my feet after a while, but it was also amusing to stand and watch the people around me. The couples holding hands, children zipping by, and people falling into loved one's arms... or just falling all over the place. It was a good start.
Our next stop was the marketplace downtown to grab a bite to eat. Emily got avocado rolls, and I had one of my favorite Cuban dishes. Lunch was going oh so smoothly, until we saw him. It was him, the boy (or should I say man), that Emily's had a teensy thing for. He kindof resembles Robin Pecknold from the Fleet Foxes, but we can really tell that he's probably not the wisest choice that's out there. So, every now and then we get a thrill having to walk by his booth to see if he saw us, or if he would say hello to Emily and try to make conversation (yesterday, we slipped out with ease). After lunch, we headed over to the Bazaar so that I could pick up some albums, then we went out and cruised for a while, making a quick stop at Walgreens for a disposable camera. Then there was more cruising, blasting Matt and Kim (still), and we found a small thrift store, in which we found a few last minute Christmas gifts. With that taken care of, we turned our adventuring to crashing at Emily's house, where I kept her company while she began on a new painting. I'm going over to her house again today to do the same thing, so that'll be fun. Emily does the painting, I provide the records and whatever else is needed so that she will not feel terribly cooped up for the day. So there you have it, one of many enjoyable adventures that I have shared with my dear friend Emily.
Sheesh, every day of the new year so far has given me some sort of adventure, or something nice to enjoy. I already have a feeling that today will give me something like that. Everything is still a little iffy, but I suppose I will just have to wait and see!
No comments:
Post a Comment