Friday, April 30, 2010

a tour with keith

Last night, my school hosted a poetry slam. I read a piece from Pamela Hoxsey's Walking in a Landscape of Words, and my friends presented their originals. Then, one of my friends and I wrote a poem entitled "Scoliosis" while we were listening to everyone else, and read it later in the evening. Afterwards, there was some music being played in the parking lot, and the last minute decision to embark on a grand adventure.

Really, the adventure was walking to my friend's house rather than getting a ride home, but it took a good full hour. On the way, we stopped by a friend's to get water, and to have him guide us to the correct neighborhood. His fake tour guide commentary was silly, and it made our trek more enjoyable.

I like times like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment