Sunday, July 25, 2010

so close

For the first time in years I saw you. You walked in with her, and quickly made your way to the other side of the store. Your hair is a curly mess, but hey, you wore the shirt you bought when we went on that trip. I thought for a minute that I would get a simple, "Hello," but you know, my expectations weren't even high enough for that. Over a couple lanes, I saw you all checking out. Gosh, I had forgotten how much I wanted to puke whenever I saw you with a girlfriend. You're pretty gross with that sort of thing. I look at you and remember when we had stayed up until 4am, sitting on the bed at my grandmother's house, just being goofy. Oh, and the time we made that human sacrifice video for class and all of us ran around the neighborhood acting like zombies. And all of the times you would say, "Man the harpoons!" when we would see any lady slightly overweight at the mall. That was pretty awful. All of those times gone, just as fast as you walked out of the door. I miss you being my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment