Tuesday, January 19, 2010

wishing

When I was in New York, rap and electronic music sounded nicer to me than it usually does. The city had put me in the mood to listen to something upbeat, and now when I think of certain bands or songs, I associate them with having that New York-y sort of feel. And when I have driven in the countryside, looking at farms and the green fields passing by, I've put Yann Tiersen on. His music seems very fitting of peaceful settings.

It's not that I am making memories with the music that I have on, but rather playing what I feel is appropriate for a setting that I am in, and how it makes me feel. Maybe it's the setting that is making the music, or the music that is making the setting more enjoyable, but when together, it gives me the full effect. Of everything.
If only I could fly out to whatever place seems fitting of my music mood at the time whenever I wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment